jueves, 11 de junio de 2015

Assessment of oral presentations

NAME & TOPIC: Malala's interview and FCE speaking with Alex
 Presentation        10%
Do you use any resources: powerpoint, video, images, sound, real material...? No, it wasn't necessary.
Is the timing 5- 10 minutes? Yes (more or less I think it was fine). 

 
Body language & eye contact         10%
Are you looking at your audience most of the time? Are you reading occasionally from your notes?   I try not to look at my notes but sometimes I read something which I don’t remember. However I look at my audience most of the time.
Are you doing any gestures/movement to hold the attention of your audience?   Yes, but not many times… I have to improve the body language.


 Structure             10%
Do you organize your ideas in order of importance?  Yes, I do.
Do you use discourse markers to make your ideas more clear? (First, then, secondly, on the one hand, on the other, finally…)   Yes, I try to link all my sentences.

 



Content         30%
Do you introduce new information to your audience? Is your information detailed, clear and...? Do you give/show examples?
Yes, I do. I try to say everything clearly and easily.

 
Language        20%

 Is your grammar correct, complex? (verbs, word order, tenses learnt in class) Yes it is.
Is your vocabulary rich, varied (synonyms, idioms, expressions, phrasal verbs, topic-related)
Yes it is. And I try to add vocabulary learned in class, too.
Do you use sentence linkers? (and, but, moreover, also, furthermore, although, however…)
Yes, it helps me explaining everything better.
Do you use fillers? (well, you know, for example, one second, repeating a word…)
Of course! They give me seconds to think!

 
Pronunciation & Intonation         10%
Do you know how to pronounce all your words? Did you check the pronunciation?
I checked the pronunciation of the most difficult ones but I still don’t know how to pronounce perfectly all the words… It’s a bit complicated.

Do you change your tone of voice or use a monotone tone all the time? Do you speak in a fluid continuum or with breaks and interruptions?
I try to change my voice in order to call the attention of my audience.

 
Self-Evaluation

You are your teacher! :-)                                 FINAL MARK: 5



 



2- Think :-) : What have you done well ? What do you need to improve?
I have organized my presentation very well. In general everything was fine except my pronunciation and my nerves. I have to learn how to stay calm and improve my pronunciation.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario